Wednesday 14 September 2016

What a plastic-free woman looks like


On a good day, where I use plastic to the max, I look a lot like this - not exactly like this because this was taken a few years ago and I'm ancient now:-




If I used no disposable plastic at all, which would mean no make-up, I would look like this. Admittedly, this is particularly bad:-



So I have continued to use make-up in my month without plastic.

However, I haven't used razors. I am therefore so hairy, I look as though I have taken four steps back down the evolutionary scale:-


Oh, if only this were true. Then we would not be in the environmental mess we are now in...

But there we are.

That's all I have to say. A plastic-free life is not gorgeous at the superficial level but it is gorgeous at an Earth level. But there are limits, and I haven't been able to take it that far. I won't add further comment on the 21st-century demands of a female aesthetic, and how we ought to rethink perceptions of beauty towards the beauty of a healthy earth rather than the beauty of people, because that would be at least a PhD thesis in length and I am never doing another PhD in my life. Ever. Not even a worthwhile one like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment